The Spirit Gives Understanding - Tuesday get_app
Our God has no desire to confuse or confound his people. He delights in truth and understanding. Through the Holy Spirit, we who are in Christ are given understanding of the truths of God.
- Who does Jesus say will be sent once he is gone from this world?
(the Helper, who is the Holy Spirit)
- What will the Holy Spirit do?
(teach and bring Jesus’ teachings to remembrance)
- Who is Jesus speaking to in this passage?
(the Apostles primarily, but we too have the Holy Spirit if we are in Christ)
This promise of the Holy Spirit was vital to the Apostles and is an assurance to us that what they taught and wrote in Scripture is truth. The truths we have in Scripture are trustworthy, and we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us too, giving us understanding as we read the inspired Word of God.
- According to verse 10, how has God revealed his secret and hidden wisdom to us?
(through the Spirit)
- Considering what is stated in verse 8, what is the secret and hidden wisdom that has been
(Christ! The Gospel of Jesus Christ and God’s plan to redeem his people; see
- According to verse 12, why have we received the Holy Spirit?
(in order to understand the things freely given to us by God)
- How does this aspect of the Spirit’s work give you confidence?
Close in prayer, praising and thanking God for providing us with a Helper – the Holy Spirit – who gives us wisdom and understanding.