The Holy Spirit Inspired the Scriptures - Monday get_app
The Holy Spirit is perhaps the least understood person of the Godhead. This week we will examine the work of the Holy Spirit as it is revealed in the Scriptures.
- According to verse 16, how did the Scriptures come into being?
(Breathed out by God)
- According to verse 17, what is the purpose of the Scriptures?
These passages tell us something about the nature of Scripture, but what about the nature of inspiration?
In verse 16, Peter said that they did not follow “cleverly devised myths” when they preached Christ. He goes on to describe his personal experience of seeing Christ in the fullness of his glory and hearing the voice of God confirming that Jesus is the Son of God.
- According to verse 19, what does Peter say is more fully confirmed than what he saw and
(The prophetic Word of God)
- In verses 20 and 21, how does Peter say that the Scriptures came into existence?
- How does this passage give you confidence in the Word of God?
Close in prayer, thanking God for the work of the Spirit in bringing us the Word of God.