A New Passover - Thursday get_app
The second ordinance of the church is the Lord’s Supper. The Baptist Faith and Message has this to say about the Lord’s Supper: “The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.”
The Lord instituted this ordinance as his disciples were gathered in observance of the Passover on the night before the Lord Jesus was to be crucified.
- Why do you think that the Lord said to Moses, “This month shall be for you the beginning of months”?
- In what ways did the Passover deliver God’s people from captivity?
- In what ways did the death and resurrection of Christ deliver God’s people from captivity?
- How is the blood of Christ similar to the blood of the Passover lamb?
- What does this passage say about the connection between Christ’s sacrifice and the Passover lamb?
Close in prayer, thanking God that the blood of the Lamb (Jesus Christ) covers us, and so we are spared the wrath of God.