Life In Christ to Act - Saturday get_app
Now we have seen that we are made in His image and will still continue to face down our human failures due to sin, we also know we can overcome this through Jesus Christ. Now what? How do we proceed with what we are to do in response to the way God has made us and we have agreed to follow Him?
- In verse 5, what are the two end results given for trespasses (sin) and being in
(death and life)
- What is it that saves us?
(grace through faith)
- What have we done in our efforts to receive salvation?
(nothing! Not of our own doing so we can’t boast about it)
- How, then, are we to act upon our faith as followers of Christ?
(do the good works that God has prepared beforehand for us to do)
Again, we are reminded of the balance between life in Christ and death in our sin. As mankind, we are helpless to do anything about our circumstances in our own strength. It is by Christ and Christ alone that God in His grace and wisdom chose to give us salvation and hope. Our response after is now key to God’s plan for man.
- What did Paul say our preaching was?
- Why would our preaching be considered “folly”?
(because our words will pale in comparison to God’s wisdom, yet God will use us and it)
- In vv. 26-28, how did Paul describe most followers who were called?
(unwise to world; not of noble birth; weak, low, and despised)
- Why does God choose this path to bring about His wisdom and glory?
(so none can boast)
- What’s the first direction given here?
(don’t lie to each other)
- How do we “put off the old self” and put on the “new self”?
(through renewing our knowledge after the image of the Creator)
- In the image of the Creator, what does verse 11 say is prevalent?
(unity no matter what race, religion, or human condition)
The world we live in desperately needs the image of God to share the Truth of Himself to other people. No matter what is different about us, we need to see Christ is all, and in all. Let us be mindful that to lessen any part of mankind in our own minds, lessens how God sees each man in His image. See yourself today as one with Christ and share this hope you have with the next one of the Imago Dei as you go. In so doing, we fulfill why we’re made: to bring Him glory.
Close by singing or listening to “By Faith”, by Keith and Kristyn Getty.