The Faithfulness of God get_app
At one point long ago, God decided to flood the earth. He saved Noah and his
family in the ark and told Noah of His promise to never flood the earth
- Do you know what the sign of that promise is that we still see today every time it rains? (Yes, a rainbow!)
- Has God ever completely flooded the world again? (No)
God keeps His promises and He is faithful to do so. God shows us He is faithful to us in other ways as well. Let’s find out how.
- How long is God faithful to those who love Him?
- How does it make you feel that God will stay faithful for that long (forever)?
God doesn’t quit being faithful to people, especially to those who follow Him with their lives and love Him with all their heart. He doesn’t change His mind or decide He’s mad at us and quit. He will be faithful to stay with us forever if we will believe in Him and follow Him.
- How often does God “refresh” His faithfulness to us?
- Why do we need Him to remind us His faithfulness is renewed every day?
- Discuss and ask how and why we often forget to be faithful, but God never does.
Even when we make mistakes and are not faithful to God, He can and will forgive us if we will turn back to Him and try again to do what God wants. Let’s see how He does this.
- What does “confess our sins” mean?
- How does it make you feel to know God will forgive us of these things?
- How confident are you that God will forgive you when you seek His forgiveness?
- Isn’t it great to know God is faithful to keep His promises?
God doesn’t just keep His promises from the past and His promise to forgive us of our sins, but He is also faithful to help us every day and into the future!
- What is the “work” that God has begun in you?
- How does it encourage you to know God is faithful to do this “completion of the work”?
As a family, sing “Great is Thy Faithfulness” together (and point out
Great is Thy faithfulness
“Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father, There is no shadow of turning with Thee; Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!” Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand hath provided— “Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!
Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest, Sun, moon and stars in their courses above, Join with all nature in manifold witness To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth, Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide; Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Close your time of family worship in a time of prayer using the following prayer from The Valley of Vision:
"Creator, Upholder and Proprietor of all things, we cannot escape from thy presence and control, nor do we desire to do so. Our privilege is to be under the agency of thy omnipotence, righteousness, wisdom, patience, mercy and grace; For thou art Love with more than parental affection. We admire thy goodness, stand in awe of thy power, abase ourselves before thy purity. It is the discovery of thy goodness alone that can banish our fear allure us into thy presence, help us to bewail and confess our sins. We review our past guilt and are conscious of present unworthiness. We bless thee that thy steadfast love and attributes are essential to our happiness and hope; Thou hast witnessed to us thy grace and mercy in the bounties of nature, in the fullness of thy providence, in the revelations of Scripture, in the gift of thy Son, in the proclamation of the gospel. Make us willing to be saved in thy own way, perceiving nothing in ourselves but all in Jesus. Help us not only to receive him but to walk in him, depend upon him, commune with him, follow him as dear children, imperfect, but still pressing forward, not complaining of labor, but valuing rest, not murmuring under trials, but thankful for our state. And by so doing let us silence the ignorance of foolish men."
Adults – to hear a sermon on faithfulness by A.W. Tozer, click here