Family Worship - Friday get_app
Right now, EVERYthing you’re doing probably involves your family. Maybe the only people you’re even seeing face to face or talking to regularly is your family. Hopefully, you are seeing the benefits of spending time together (and not focusing on the stress part!). Are you utilizing these extra hours, days, and weeks to worship the Lord together?
- How are we to serve the Lord in our worship? What does serving the Lord look like?
- Has your family made a choice to openly serve the Lord?
Oftentimes, we make “family worship” just a trip to church, going to our Sunday School classes
and then the worship service. Many of us may not even sit together for any of this. It’s not
exactly worshiping the Lord together as a family, is it? Do not let the corporate gathering of
God’s people be a substitute for what you need to do at home.
- What are the instructions given to children? To parents?
(children, obey; parents, your discipline and instruction should model the discipline and instruction of God)
- How can you make these instructions worship to the Lord?
- What are we to be teaching to our children?
- To what measure did God tell the Israelites to do in order they remember His words?
(activity idea: chalk write Scripture or God’s promises on your driveway)
Each thing we do, we have learned from somewhere. Having a strong relationship with God is no
different. What are we teaching our families? How much intentional time are you giving to asking
how God is speaking Truth to you and to sharing how you spent time in worship today? Maybe
you need to acknowledge you don’t worship together as a family. Take time to start reading
Scripture together and then discuss it.
Sing whatever worship song your family decides to sing together, and then share what you like best about worshipping together as a family.
May we make