How Do We Worship? - Tueday get_app
We know now why God is worthy of our worship. Now, how do we go about doing that? There are, honestly, limitless ways to express worship to God when we start talking about it: singing, praying, reading Scripture, quiet meditation and listening to God, celebration and dancing, serving others, acts of kindness, and on and on and on... but, I’m asking, how does any of that become WORSHIP rather than just an exercise in effort? You can do all of these things and it still not become worth-ship to the Lord. We must we do then?
- How will “true worshipers” worship God?
Truth is not subjective. Truth is absolute, and it is defined by God and found in His Word, the Bible. It’s why we read it in our worship services as an act of corporate worship. It’s why we need to read it privately and think about it in study. God’s Truth will give us life, hope, peace, direction, and much more. We need to worship with the Truth of God’s Word in our minds.
Spirit is found in us when we have truly believed in and follow Christ.
- How would our worship look if we just made it about rules and put no spirit into it?
- How would our worship look if all we did was act on spirit and emotion, but it didn’t matter if it followed God’s Word (truth)?
- What does offering ourselves as a living sacrifice to God mean to you?
- How does this become an act of worship for you (or how can you make it one)?
Our worship can’t just be about emotion or feelings without thought, but it also can’t be cold and void of any emotion or loving effort. When both work together equally, we connect to God as He directs us. And, when we connect to God in our worship, His Spirit in us changes us for the good!
Sing together or listen to “Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me” and pray together as an act of worship to Him and remember to connect both thoughtful Truth and Spirit-driven feeling as you do this.