Spiritual Gifts Used as One Body - Friday get_app
As we have seen over the past few days, God has laid out a healthy structure of how to be led and organized in how we move and behave as individual churches to bring Him glory. We have seen that in every believer there is a calling to serve God as He indwells His people here on earth. This means we need to use who we are and how we are equipped to serve Him.
- What remains the same regardless of the gifts given to us? (the Holy Spirit)
- What is each manifestation of the Spirit given for? (the common good)
- List the gifts written here.
- Who gives each of these gifts and how is this decided? the Holy Spirit does that as He wills)
Keep going in
- What makes us one in body? (Jesus Christ through the Spirit)
- Why has God made us one unified body?
(that there may be no division, members care for one another and suffer and rejoice together)
- What is the appointing order listed here?
- When verse 31 says to “desire the higher gifts,” does this mean they are more important? (no)
This is about creating and having a healthy church. All gifts of the Spirit are vital to the health of our churches. We have to have leaders and teachers in order to properly guide a healthy view of Scripture and theology. Equally vital is that each believer sees that the Holy Spirit has gifted them to serve and use the gift given together with the members of the body to bring Him glory. Regardless of what your gift is, you are a member of the body of Christ and so should share in the ministry of the church.
Pray and ask God to use your gifting in our church to serve and bring glory to Him. If you don’t know what this gifting is, pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal this to you. Then pray for each member of our church body to see their role as vital to our church being healthy and obedient.
Listen to "We Are the Body of Christ" by Scott Wesley Brown.